Friday 19 August 2011

Home Sweet Home

So I’m back from a lovely holiday in France, chilled out and relaxed. Now it’s back to the grind stone!
I took my sketchbook on holiday with me. The place I stayed, Pechambert is somewhere I have been to for the past eight years with my family and I have often taken my school/college/uni textiles work with me. It has always been quite an inspirational place to be, set it the heart of the French countryside. All you can see you miles around are field after field after field and a lot of sunflowers. :)
This year I didn’t draw as much as I would normally. I think my creativity took a holiday this time too (First time in a long long time!) It was wonderful to chill out though and actually read a book for once (‘The Peppered Moth‘ by Margaret Drabble – I’m still not sure where it’s going three-quarters of the way in!!)
Beauville, the village near Pechambert where we go to get fresh bread every day is beautiful and idyllic. I’ve always thought it to be very beautiful and quaint. I think this year will have been my final visit to Pechambert so I thought it would be a good idea to stock up on interesting photographs of Beauville for a potential future project. Watch this space!
Here are a few of the photos:




No comments: