Thursday 23 June 2011

Final Collection, Photo shoots and Contextualising

As my work can be seen in a number of contexts, after a discussion with my tutor it was decided that it would be good to create a number of visualisations to show which context my fabric collection could fit into.
I’d already thought that a photo shoot would be a good idea, taking my finished fabrics back to the woods where the inspiration came from.  Before-hand, I went to check out some locations, looking for trees with low enough branches to drape fabrics from and areas of dappled sunlight.


I decided that if I was able to get one, a model would be an excellent idea to show how my fabrics could be used for fashion rather than doing this as a visualisation.

The whole photo shoot experience was so much fun! I got some really great shots and really enjoyed the styling process. Maybe I’ve found a new direction?!


Visualisation of Intended use: Fabric wall feature

Visualisation: Alternative interiors use.

Visualisation: Alternative interiors use.

No comments: